Exercise 3.2 - Create a Blog Article (optional)
In this exercise you will practice creating some content, editing fields, and using the markup toolbar. We will create a Blog article and see how the automated listing of content will display it.
- 1.In the Admin menu, hover over Content.
- 2.Click on Add content.
- 3.Click on Blog article.You should see a page similar to the screenshot below:
- 4.Add a Title.
- 5.In the Categories field, select some taxonomy terms (those allow us to categorise content and make searching for it easier - we will explore GovCMS’s taxonomy system later). The field for Categories is called “autocomplete text”. As you begin typing any text in the field, GovCMS will try to match an existing category and display it below the field. Use your mouse to select the perfect match. New Categories can be created by entering a unique text.
- 6.Use the Add another item button to add multiple taxonomy terms. Try to enter something unique, not yet present in your site.
- 7.Select an image to use for the Thumbnail and Featured image. Search through and select existing media.
- 8.In the Body field, add some formatted text, including bold text, italics, a link and a bullet-point list.
- 9.Set the content to Needs Review.
- 10.Click the Save button at the top right of the page.The below screenshot highlights the areas to complete and the Save button.Note At this point if you navigate to the Blogs menu item, your newly created Blog will not appear. This is because it was saved in the status Needs Review.
- 11.Edit the page again and set the Change to dropdown to "Published" and click the Save button.
- 12.Navigate to the Blog page by clicking the Blog menu item at the top of the page. You should see your new Blog article in the list of items. As it is the most recently published item, it will appear first in the list.
Image of Blogs list