Overview of content create/edit form
When creating or editing any content in GovCMS, you’ll use the Content form.
Each of the different content types mentioned in the previous page can have different custom areas depending on how a site is configured.
At the same time, there are many areas common to all content creation forms.
An overview of the Standard page form is shown below to highlight these common areas.
Image of Standard page form
The areas highlighted are:
- 1.Title: Type in your content’s title.
- 2.Thumbnail and featured image: Select images for thumbnail view or to be displayed in the page.
- 3.Body: Type (or copy and paste) the text for the body content.
- 4.Attachments: Select any files you’d like to attach to the page.
- 5.Full content: Type of content display required.
- 7.Save as: Save as Draft, Needs review, or Published.
- 8.Save and Preview buttons.
Notice that on the right-hand side there are also other fields - we’ll discuss these in different sections of this manual.