Exercise 1.1 - Login as Administrator
Navigate to your training environment URL (provided in your training preparation emails) and type the Shield username and password into the Shield authentication popup:
- Username: Refer to the email sent to you prior to the course.
- Password: Refer to the email sent to you prior to the course.
Image of shield pop-up
You should now see the GovCMS login screen as shown in the screenshot below. Enter your Admin username and password and sign in.
- Username: Refer to the email sent to you prior to the course
- Password: The password you saved after setting
Image of login screen
After successfully logging in as an administrator, you will be redirected to a page that shows the following:
- 1.Your username as the page ‘title’.
- 2.A message indicating how long your account has been active on the site.
- 3.The Admin menu.
- 4.The username of the account you’re currently logged in with.
Note: Some elements from the screenshot below may be different, due to permissions settings.
Image of first screen after logging in
The band running across the top of the page (3.) is called the “Admin menu”, and is an indication that you’re currently logged into the site (as opposed to simply visiting it as an “anonymous” user).
You may see or hear the Admin menu also referred to as “Administration”, “Admin bar”, “Admin toolbar”, “Navbar”, or simply “Toolbar”.
The Admin menu helps people who have logged into the site (such as site administrators, content authors/reviewers, etc.) to navigate more quickly through the various pages of the admin interface. Once logged in, it’s available in the frontend and backend of your GovCMS site.