GovCMS8 Site Building Training Manual
Salsa Digital Logo
This manual is aimed at developers familiar with Drupal and/or other web content management systems (CMSs) who want to build or extend a GovCMS SaaS website. You should have skills in basic HTML, CSS, some Twig and basic PHP.
In this training manual, you will learn how to:
- 1.Extend default functionality in GovCMS to meet advanced functional requirements
- 2.Show best practices for GovCMS site building
- 3.Configure both controlled vocabularies and free tagging with Taxonomy
- 4.Manage navigation through the GovCMS menu system
- 5.Use URL path configuration to improve your site’s search
- 6.Configure automatically generated images and thumbnails
- 7.Create advanced listings of content
- 8.Maintain a secure and well-performing website
This manual also includes challenge exercises, which are designed for those who have additional time or who want to know more about a particular feature.
We’re continually working on improving these documents with community input and we appreciate any feedback, whether it's helping to contribute to further documentation or code, grammar issues, or simply a suggestion or improvement! Please refer to the Contributing guide for more guidance on this topic.
This manual has been created for the GovCMS Site Builder course. The manual uses a combination of content from drupal.org, adapted content from drupal.org and content we’ve written specifically for the GovCMS Site Builder course. Re-used and adapted content is in accordance with the Creative Commons License, Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 (CC BY-SA 2.0).