Menus are a collection of links (menu items) used to navigate a website. The core Menu UI module provides an interface to control and customise the menu system. Menus are primarily displayed as a hierarchical list of links. By default, new menu items are placed inside a built-in menu labelled Main navigation, but administrators can also create custom menus.
The GovCMS installation profile contains five menus:
- 1.Administration (administrative task links)
- 2.Footer (site information links)
- 3.Main navigation (site section links)
- 4.Tools (user tool links, often added by modules)
- 5.User account menu (links related to the active user account)
You can customise menus in the menu administration functionality by:
- Creating new custom menus
- Adding new menu items
- Reordering menu items by setting their "weight" or by dragging them into place
- Renaming menu items
- Changing the link title (the tooltip that appears when you mouse over a menu item)
- Moving a menu item into a different menu by editing its Parent property
A menu item will only be shown to a visitor if they have the rights to view the page it links to. For example, the admin menu item is not shown to visitors who are not logged in.